Mike began his practice in Atlanta in 1982 and had a defense practice for his first six years. In January 1989, he joined Pope, Kellogg, McGlamry, Kilpatrick & Morrison, the predecessor to Pope McGlamry. Since 1989, Mike has represented individuals and entities that have been injured, damaged or otherwise harmed by others.
Mike is and has been active representing plaintiffs in personal injury, wrongful death, products and pharmaceutical liability, class actions and mass torts actions that have resulted in verdicts or settlements approaching a billion dollars. Many of these cases were the first such cases in the nation and many involved innovative, ground-breaking legal strategies. He and his partners have long been recognized both in Georgia and nationally as a go-to firm that will take on the most challenging cases and opposition.
In the last few years, Mike has focused on mass tort litigation and has served in leadership roles in several national, high profile, injury cases. Mike has served in leadership roles in the following:
- NFL Players’ Concussion Litigation, U.S. District Court, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, MDL No. 2323 (Plaintiff Steering Committee, Co-Lead, Discovery Committee and Communications Committee)
- Wright Medical Technology, Inc. Conserve Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, MDL No. 2329 (Co-Lead Counsel)
- Wright Hip System Cases, Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4710 (Co-Lead Counsel)
- Biomet M2a Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Cause No. 3:12-md-2391 (Plaintiffs Steering Committee)
- Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Minnesota, MDL No. 13-2441 (Plaintiffs Only Counsel)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABG II Modular Hip Stem Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Bergen County, Case Code 296, Master Case No. BER-L-936-13 (Plaintiffs Steering Committee)
- WellNx Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, U.S. District Court, Eastern Division of Massachusetts, MDL No. 07-md-1861 (Plaintiffs Steering Committee)
Mike lecturers frequently at AAJ, GTLA and the State Bar of Georgia. In addition, Mike serves on several rules related committees of the Georgia Bar.
Mike and his wife Anne, have 3 beautiful and talented daughters, Caroline, Kate and Elizabeth. In his spare time, Mike remains active athletically; serves as an active member of Haygood United Methodist Church; and supports all things Wake Forest.