As more and more vehicles crowd the nation’s roads, motorists face an increased risk of injury from negligent drivers. Even here in Atlanta we drive daily on I-285, one of the most dangerous motorways in the nation. With car accidents happening every day in Georgia, more and more families need trusted and experienced legal support. Pope McGlamry’s car accident lawyers have the experience & resources to gain justice for auto accident victims.
Car Accident Injuries
All too often we see our clients experience a personal injury that goes beyond the accident itself. With serious injuries permanently affecting their quality of life, victims are forced to incur expensive medical & rehabilitative care as well as increased dependence on family and friends. It’s our duty to make sure these victims receive the compensation they deserve.
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are frequently the result of:
- Speeding – For 2+ decades, speeding has been involved in about one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. (NHTSA)
- Cell phone use – 1 in 4 drivers used a cell phone right before they were involved in a crash. (CM Telematics)
- Texting while driving – Sending or reading a text takes your eyes off the road for 5 seconds. At 55 mph, that’s like driving the length of an entire football field with your eyes closed. (NHTSA)
- Reckless driving – Over 50% of the 5M yearly car crashes in the U.S. are caused by aggressive drivers. (TeenSafe)
- Drunk driving – Alcohol-impaired driving accounts for more than 30% of all yearly driving fatalities. (NIAAA)
- Defective auto products – A total of 7,229 passenger vehicle occupants died in rollover crashes in 2017. 27% of these did not involve any other impact. (IIHS)
- Poor vehicle crashworthiness – Since 1975, truck occupant deaths have risen 20% and SUV occupant deaths are more than 10 times as high. (IIHS)
Help For Car Accident Victims
In some instances, auto accident claims can be resolved without the assistance of an attorney. However, when an accident results in serious injury, extensive property damage, or wrongful death, an experienced attorney’s assistance can be crucial to obtaining just compensation.
At Pope McGlamry, our car accident lawyers have obtained million dollar verdicts & settlements on behalf of auto accident victims throughout the state of Georgia. With offices in Atlanta and Columbus, our firm has the experience and resources necessary to litigate even the most complex claims. We work closely with accident investigators and other experts to ensure that justice is served.
Support With Insurance Claims
The negligent party’s insurance provider may try to limit, delay, or deny compensation. Our attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies and can help obtain full and fair compensation.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a car accident, we are here to support you. Submit your case for review online or call us today to speak with an experienced Georgia auto accident attorney about your situation.
- Settlement Challenged in Takata Airbag Case
- Not All Seat Belt Buckles Are Created Equal
- Ford Recalls 160,000 Vehicles for Engine Wiring Problems