Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents are frequently the result of:
- Speeding - For 2+ decades, speeding has been involved in about one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities. (NHTSA)
- Cell phone use - 1 in 4 drivers used a cell phone right before they were involved in a crash. (CM Telematics)
- Texting while driving - Sending or reading a text takes your eyes off the road for 5 seconds. At 55 mph, that's like driving the length of an entire football field with your eyes closed. (NHTSA)
- Reckless driving - Over 50% of the 5M yearly car crashes in the U.S. are caused by aggressive drivers. (TeenSafe)
- Drunk driving - Alcohol-impaired driving accounts for more than 30% of all yearly driving fatalities. (NIAAA)
- Defective auto products - A total of 7,229 passenger vehicle occupants died in rollover crashes in 2017. 27% of these did not involve any other impact. (IIHS)
- Poor vehicle crashworthiness - Since 1975, truck occupant deaths have risen 20% and SUV occupant deaths are more than 10 times as high. (IIHS)
Help For Car Accident Victims
In some instances, auto accident claims can be resolved without the assistance of an attorney. However, when an accident results in serious injury, extensive property damage, or wrongful death, an experienced attorney’s assistance can be crucial to obtaining just compensation.
At Pope McGlamry, our car accident lawyers have obtained million dollar verdicts & settlements on behalf of auto accident victims throughout the state of Georgia. With offices in Atlanta and Columbus, our firm has the experience and resources necessary to litigate even the most complex claims. We work closely with accident investigators and other experts to ensure that justice is served.
Support With Insurance Claims
The negligent party’s insurance provider may try to limit, delay, or deny compensation. Our attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies and can help obtain full and fair compensation.