History of NAWJ
Since its formation in 1979, NAWJ has served as a leading voice for jurists dedicated to:
- Promoting the judicial role in protecting the rights of individuals under the rule of law
- Engaging in civic education about the importance of a fair judiciary, free from special interest or political influence
- Providing a voice in significant matters that affect the administration of justice
- Ensuring equal justice and access to the courts for all, with a focus on women, minorities, and other historically disfavored groups and vulnerable populations
- Promoting the advancement of women and minorities at all levels of the judiciary
- Providing judicial education on cutting-edge issues
NAWJ was founded over 36 years ago by two visionaries – Justice Joan Dempsey Klein and Justice Vaino Spencer – and 100 brave and intrepid women judges committed to forming an organization dedicated to these ideals.
About the 39th NAWJ Conference
The 39th NAWJ Conference in Atlanta, Georgia will feature vibrant and interactive programs. Our theme, Access to Justice: Past, Present, and Future, will allow attendees to explore historical lessons about justice from the Civil Rights movement, discuss current innovations in criminal justice reform, and envision justice initiatives for years to come.
Why Sponsor the NAWJ 39th Annual Conference?
Conference sponsors are the backbone of financial support for this year’s event and, where possible, they encourage colleagues and others throughout the Greater Atlanta legal and business communities to attend and support the conference. Sponsoring the conference allows members of your firm, organization or company to participate in conference activities, educational sessions, and other social and interactive events that include members of the judiciary, local bar associations, and leading legal experts from various academic and non-profit fields. Demonstrate your support to the mission of NAWJ and the Greater Atlanta legal community. In this brochure, you will find detailed information about sponsorship levels and benefits.
We hope that your firm, organization or company will give generously, because these meetings are not possible without your support. We look forward to seeing you at this important NAWJ conference, and ask that you please reach out to us or NAWJ’s Executive Director, Marie Komisar, with any questions. Thank you!