Georgia Appleseed prides itself on identifying issues that have not been fully addressed by either the public or private sectors, and offering solutions to improve the lives of Georgians across the state. Georgia Appleseed’s current projects include:
- Effective Student Discipline
- Helping to dismantle the school to prison pipeline by reviewing state law regarding zero tolerance and other practices to show the problems such laws create and to help find solutions to maintain safe schools, while keeping kids in school.
- Helping low-income families gain secure tenure in their homes and farms.
- Enhancing Education Stability for Foster Children
- Helping to build a better future for foster children by reviewing federal and state law regarding the rights of “children in care” to educational stability and creating and implementing stability and support practices.
To learn more about the Georgia Appleseed Center for Law and Justice, or the Good Apple Awards,
please visit gaappleseed.org