M.J. Blakely is a shareholder at Pope McGlamry in Atlanta, Georgia. He attended Oxford College and Emory College of Emory University where he obtained his Bachelor of Arts in 2002. M.J. earned a Juris Doctorate from the University Of Georgia School Of Law in 2006.
Immediately after law school M.J. began pursuing his passion for helping individuals and their families address tragedy by developing a specialty in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death civil actions. In 2011, M.J. joined Pope McGlamry where he further developed his practice to include mass torts, class actions and other complex litigation.
M.J. has played an integral role in the litigation of several national, high profile, mass tort cases, including the following matters:
- Wright Medical Technology, Inc. Profemur Hip Implant Litigation, Circuit Court of Shelby County, Tennessee, R. 28 Mass Tort Coordination (Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel & Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee)
- Wright Hip System Cases, Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles, Judicial Council Coordination Proceeding No. 4710
- Wright Medical Technology, Inc. Conserve Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, MDL No. 2329
- Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Minnesota, MDL No. 13-2441
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABG II Modular Hip Stem Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Bergen County, Case Code 296, Master Case No. BER-L-936-13
- Biomet M2a Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Cause No. 3:12-md-2391
- NFL Players’ Concussion Litigation, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, MDL No. 2323
In addition to helping plaintiffs seek justice, M.J. enjoys spending time with his wife and their two children, rooting for the Georgia Bulldogs, coaching youth sports, running, cycling, and all things outdoors.